Kale is one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat. It’s high in vitamins A, C, and K, as well as antioxidants and fiber. This salad recipe is inspired by Asian flavors and is a great way to enjoy the health benefits of kale.
- 1 bunch of kale, washed and dried
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup of diced scallions
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Remove the stems from the kale and tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces. Place the kale in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sliced red bell pepper, shredded carrots, cilantro, almonds, and scallions to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, vegetable oil, and minced garlic to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Top with sesame seeds before serving.
This Asian inspired kale salad is not only packed with nutrients, but it’s also delicious and easy to make. Serve it as a side dish or add some grilled chicken or tofu to make it a complete meal.