What’s better than a cold, refreshing drink on a hot summer day? This hibiscus iced tea is the perfect way to stay cool and hydrated during the summer months. Made with fresh hibiscus flowers and a few simple ingredients, this drink is both delicious and healthy. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be customized to your liking. So, grab your sun hat, sit back, and enjoy a glass of this delicious hibiscus iced tea.
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- In a large pot, combine the water and hibiscus flowers. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and strain out the hibiscus flowers. Stir in the honey and fresh lemon juice.
- Cool the tea to room temperature and then transfer it to a pitcher. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, fill glasses with ice cubes and pour the hibiscus tea over the ice. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint leaves.
You can adjust the sweetness of this drink by adding more or less honey. You can also swap the honey for sugar or another sweetener of your choice. Feel free to experiment with different flavors by adding fresh fruit or herbs like strawberries or basil.
This hibiscus tea can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just be sure to give it a good stir before serving as the flavors may settle.
This refreshing hibiscus iced tea is the perfect drink to cool you down on a hot summer day. It’s easy to make and can be customized to your liking. Serve it to your friends and family at your next barbecue or enjoy a glass on your own while soaking up the sun. Either way, you won’t be disappointed with this delicious and healthy drink.