Gochujang Nacho Cheese Sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 12(3 cups or 12 1/4 cup servings)
A super easy gochujang nacho cheese sauce!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour (rice flour for gluten-free)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (optional)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat until it foams and just starts to turn a light golden brown colour.
- Sprinkle in the flour, mix it into butter and cook until it’s a light golden brown colour, about 2-4 minutes.
- Add the milk, mix, bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce thickens a bit, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add gochujang and mix before mixing in the cheese and cooking until it melts!
Option: Omit the gochujang.
Option: Replace the gochujang with another form of heat, like sriracha!