What ingredients are typically used in an authentic Greek frappé coffee?
Get ready to take your taste buds on a journey to Greece with this authentic and easy-to-make frappé coffee recipe. This popular Greek coffee drink is the perfect way to start your day or to enjoy as an afternoon pick-me-up. Here’s how to make it:
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Milk (optional)
- Add the instant coffee and sugar to a tall glass
- Add a small amount of water (just enough to cover the coffee and sugar)
- Using a handheld milk frother, mix the coffee, sugar, and water until it becomes frothy and light in color
- Add the ice cubes to the glass
- Add enough water to fill the glass almost to the top
- Stir well
- If desired, add a splash of milk or cream
Note: The handheld milk frother is key in creating the frothy consistency of the frappé. However, you can also use a blender or shaker bottle if you don’t have a milk frother.
Now sit back, sip, and savor every last drop of this indulgent and delicious Greek frappé coffee.