Meat Lovers Pizza Stuffed Peppers
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:50 minutes Total Time:1 hour Servings: 8
Tender stuffed peppers filled with all of the flavours of a meat lovers pizza including sausage, pepperoni and bacon all topped with plenty of melted cheese!
- 4 ounce bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 small onion, diced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (optional)
- 4 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced (optional)
- 2 cups pizza sauce (or marinara sauce)
- 4 large bell peppers, cup in half, seeds removed
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- Cook the bacon, drain and and set it aside.
- Cook the sausage and onion, breaking the sausage apart as it cooks, before draining.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute before removing from heat.
- Cook the pepperoni and set aside. (optional)
- Mix the bacon, sausage, pepperoni, olives and 1/2 of the pizza sauce, and stuff it into the peppers.
- Spread the remaining pizza sauce over the bottom of a large baking pan and place the stuffed peppers on top.
- Bake, covered in foil, in a preheated 400F/200C oven until the peppers are tender, about 20 minutes, before uncovering, topping with cheese and baking until the cheese has melted, about 10 minutes.
Option: Use your favourite pizza toppings as the filling for the stuffed peppers.
Tip: Cook the bacon, sausage and pepperoni at the same time on different burners to speed things up!