Ingredients: 3 cups water,¼ cup salt,1 cup Bob’s Red Mill steel cut oats,½ cup coconut milk (full fat from the can),3 tablespoons honey,½ cup chopped walnuts,1 tablespoon vanilla extract,1 large ripe peach, peeled and chopped
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add the salt and the steel cut oats. Return to a boil and immediately reduce the heat to medium low. Cover and allow the oats to simmer for 10 to 25 minutes (10 for more al dente oatmeal, 25 for creamier oatmeal).
- Remove cover and stir oats about every 3 minutes.
- Once oats are cooked to desired texture, add the coconut milk, honey and chopped walnuts.
- Remove the oatmeal from the heat, add the vanilla extract and the chopped peaches.
- Mix everything together and serve in heaping portions!