Your hunt is over for the best cookies to enjoy this fall! Soft and cake like, these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are super easy to make and ready to eat in 20 minutes.
One of my favorite things about fall is the flavor of pumpkin spice – I can’t get enough of it!
Why you will love these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!
- Quick: Super simple to make and quick to bake, these cookies are easy to serve in less than 30 minutes.
- Soft: Hands down, my favorite cookies are soft and cake like and these ones are no exception!
- Made for sharing: This recipe makes enough for 30 cookies, so they are perfect for gifting or taking to cookie exchanges.
How to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
Be sure to scroll down for the full recipe!
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Beat together the butter and sugars.
- Add the wet ingredients to the butter and sugar.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and gently mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the dough onto a baking sheet and bake until lightly browned.
When do you know the cookies are baked?
These pumpkin cookies only need around 10 minutes in the oven so keep your eye on them. They are done when the edges are slightly browned. They will harden as they cool.
How long do they keep?
Once the cookies have cooled, transfer them to an airtight container. They will keep at room temperature for 2 to 3 days and in the fridge for around 6. If storing at room temperature, keep them out of direct sunlight.
Can you freeze them?
Yes, these cookies freeze really well, so make a full batch and enjoy them at a later date! Freeze the cookies on a baking sheet and once solid transfer them to a ziplock bag or freezer safe container. They will keep well for 4 to 5 months. Thaw the frozen cookies at room temperature before enjoying.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Don’t over mix the cookie dough or they won’t rise in the oven. The wet and dry ingredients should be just combined.
- Once baked, these cookies take on the texture and consistency that is similar to old fashioned applesauce cookies.
- They are cake-like and soft.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
Did you make this recipe?
Use the tag #thecookierookie when posting a photo of your recipe, and make sure to follow The Cookie Rookie on Instagram!
Meet The Author: Becky Hardin
Becky woke up on her 30th birthday and realized she didn’t know how to cook, ANYTHING! She started The Cookie Rookie as a way to document her journey to learn how to cook, one recipe at a time! The Cookie Rookie is a place to find easy recipes that anyone can make, and everyone will love!