Slow Cooker Parmesan and Honey Pork Tenderloin
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:8 hours Total Time:8 hours Servings: 12
Melt in your mouth tender port tenderloin in a honey and parmesan glaze that is just packed with flavour!
- 1 (4 pound) pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
- Rub the pork with the mixture of the honey, parmesan, soy sauce, garlic, thyme, mustard, oil and pepper, place into the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and slice.
- Mix the mixture of the cornstarch and water into the juices in the slow cooker along with the broth and cook on high, covered, until the sauce thickens, about 10-15 minutes, before serving the pork topped with the sauce.
Option: Use a pork loin or even a shoulder/butt instead of a tenderloin.
Option: Use asiago or pecorino cheese instead of parmesan.