Strawberry Banana Bread-moist banana bread bursting with juicy, sweet strawberries! This is the perfect banana bread recipe for spring and summer when strawberries are in season!
Strawberry Banana Bread
What do you do when you have a bunch of brown bananas on the counter and a ton of fresh strawberries in the refrigerator? You make Strawberry Banana Bread of course! Turning brown bananas into a delicious loaf of banana bread is my favorite thing to do and this strawberry banana bread is the perfect loaf for spring and summer.
Strawberry banana is always a winning combo, especially when they are combined to make banana bread! The juicy strawberries are a lovely addition, they add the perfect burst of sweetness to the moist banana bread.
Tips for Making Strawberry Banana Bread
Strawberry Banana Bread is easy to make, you don’t even need a mixer! I guarantee you will fall in love with this banana bread recipe as soon as you start smelling it in the oven. It is SO good! Here are a few tips to make sure your Strawberry Banana Bread turns out perfect every single time!
- Make sure you use BROWN bananas. Not yellow bananas with a couple of brown dots, you want the bananas to be mostly brown and black. Over ripe bananas make the sweetest, moistest banana bread.
- Make sure you use ripe and juicy strawberries. I love making strawberry banana bread during the spring and summer months when strawberries are in season. Don’t use frozen strawberries for this recipe, they will release too much water into the bread. You want to use fresh strawberries.
- Use a 9×5-inch loaf pan that isn’t too dark in color. If you use a dark pan, the bread will brown too quickly. Grease the pan well with nonstick cooking spray so the bread doesn’t get stuck in the pan.
- Mash the bananas with a fork until they are nice and smooth. You will need about 3 medium bananas for this banana bread recipe.
- I use brown sugar because it keeps the banana bread even more moist and adds great flavor!
- When combining the liquid and dry ingredients, be careful to not over mix. If you over mix the batter, your bread will be tough and it might cause it to sink in the pan. Mix until JUST combined.
- Before you add the chopped strawberries to the batter, toss them in one tablespoon of flour. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the loaf.
- Gently fold in the strawberries, being careful to not over mix.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan. Top with strawberry slices, if using. I like to add the strawberries on top because it makes the banana bread extra pretty. I also sprinkle the loaf generously with turbinado sugar before it goes into the oven to give the bread a nice, sugary crunch.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. This banana bread might take a few extra minutes than regular banana bread because of the strawberries. They add a little extra juice and the center might take a few extra minutes to cook. If the top of the bread is getting to brown, you can cover the loaf pan loosely with aluminum foil and finish baking. The top won’t brown and the center can finish baking!
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then carefully remove the banana bread from the pan. Take a butter knife and loosen the sides first, then turn out onto a cooling rack. Let the bread cool COMPLETELY before slicing. I know it is hard to wait, but the bread needs time to set up.
- Slice and enjoy!
How to Store Strawberry Banana Bread
Strawberry Banana Bread is best the day it is made, but will keep on the counter for up to 3 days. I have found that the strawberries get too mushy and make the banana bread too moist if it sits longer than 3 days. But don’t worry, I am pretty confident you can eat a loaf of strawberry banana bread in 3 days. We usually devour an entire loaf in one day..ha! Our boys LOVE this banana bread…and I do too. I can’t blame it all on them..ha!
Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe
This easy Strawberry Banana Bread recipe is easy to whip up and the perfect treat for breakfast, brunch, an after school snack, or even dessert. Top a thick slice with whipped cream or ice cream and you have a wonderful dessert! This is the perfect banana bread recipe for spring and summer when strawberries are at their peak! You can’t go wrong with the strawberry banana combo! ENJOY!
More Banana Bread Recipes:
- 1 3/4
- 1 1/2
(3 medium ripe bananas)
packed brown sugar
at room temperature
melted and slightly cooled
pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4
tossed in 1 tablespoon flour
for sprinkling on bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas with the brown sugar and mix until smooth. Stir in the eggs until well combined. Pour in the melted butter and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, don’t over mix. Gently fold in the chopped strawberries.
Pour the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan and gently press the sliced strawberries on top, if using. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over the top of the loaf. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean, about 55 to 65 minutes. If the top of the bread is getting to brown, you can tent a piece of foil over the bread pan to keep the top from browning.
Remove the bread from the oven and let sit in pan for 10 minutes. Loosen with a bread knife around the edges and carefully remove the bread from the pan. Cool completely on a cooling rack before slicing.
Strawberry Banana Bread
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 33g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
strawberry banana bread