Brown Butter Mushroom Pasta- A quick and easy pasta dish that comes together in a snap with mostly pantry ingredients! Mushroom fans rejoice–this is going to become your new favorite pasta! The brown butter is AMAZING!
Brown Butter Pasta
This Brown Butter Mushroom Pasta takes less than 30 minutes to make. And the best part? It tastes like a pasta dish you would order at a fancy Italian restaurant. This pasta recipe tastes SO gourmet but can easily be made at home with only a few ingredients. It is one of my all-time favorite pasta recipes and I think you will love it too.
So what’s the secret? The brown butter! It really does make everything better, even pasta! The brown butter sauce is what dreams are made of. This is a great quick and easy weeknight meal or perfect for entertaining because your guests will ooh and aah over every bite.
Brown Butter Pasta Ingredients
This is a pantry friendly pasta! You only need a few ingredients so make sure you use high quality ingredients. For example, use GOOD freshly grated Parmesan cheese and not the stuff in the shaker jar:)
- Your favorite pasta (I like Rigatoni for this recipe!)
- Cremini or baby bella mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- For serving: chopped fresh parsley, crushed red pepper flakes, extra Parmesan cheese…all optional, but really yummy!
How to Brown Butter
Browned butter has got to be one of the best smells in the whole world. It’s a comforting, nutty aroma that just makes your kitchen smell nostalgic! It’s one extra step that only takes a couple minutes and gives this pasta the BEST flavor!
- Get medium-high heat going under a large skillet.
- Melt the butter, giving it an occasional swirl, until the top gets a little foamy and brown bits form at the bottom. You’ll notice a nutty aroma! This means your butte has browned and is ready to go for this recipe.
How to Make Brown Butter Mushroom Pasta
- Get your pasta going! I always start with very salty water at a rolling boil before adding pasta in. Cook until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water, don’t forget this step, and drain the pasta.
- Brown the butter in a large skillet. Once the butter is browned, add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. You’ll want the mushrooms to be tender and browned before you add in the thyme and garlic and cook it all for an additional 2 minutes. Add a little salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remember that reserved pasta water? Add that into the skillet here along with the cooked pasta! Cut the heat to low and stir in half of the Parmesan cheese, stirring gently until it’s nice and melted.
- Add the rest of the cheese and continue that gentle stirring until the cheese is all melted. You can use tongs to toss the pasta. You need to make sure you stir so the cheese doesn’t clump up.
- Plate the pasta and garnish with parsley, crushed red pepper, and Parmesan if you’d like. Serve immediately and enjoy!
I could eat a big bowl of this pasta and be completely content, but if you want to serve something on the side, these side dishes go great with the brown butter pasta.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
We love a pasta night around here! Tried and true favorites:
- 12 oz Rigatoni pasta (or your favorite pasta)
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, cut into tablespoon pieces
- 12 oz cremini or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- For serving: chopped fresh parsley, crushed red pepper flakes, extra Parmesan cheese, optional
Brown Butter Mushroom Pasta
Amount Per Serving
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 11g55%
Vitamin A 539IU11%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Photos by Dishing Out Health
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod.