Ingredients: 1/4 cup unsalted butter,1 large onion roughly chopped,2 leeks (white parts) roughly chopped,1 large potato peeled and diced,1 medium butternut squash peeled and diced,3 cups of chicken stock,whipping cream,pinch of nutmeg,pinch of cayenne pepper,salt and pepper,toasted pine nuts or roasted squash or pumpkin seeds (or
- Melt your butter in a large saucepan and add your onion and leeks and cook until softened.
- Add potato and squash and stir in chicken stock, nutmeg, cayenne, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer covered until everything is softened (about 20-30 minutes).
- Use a hand blender/food processor to smooth out the soup. Stir in enough whipping cream til it reaches your preferred consistency. Re-season if necessary.
- Add in a few basil leaves. (The basil really lifts the flavor of the soup and gives it a hint of real garden freshness.)
- Serve with pine nuts/squash seeds as a garnish.