My Easy Candied Pecans Recipe is the perfect sweet and salty snack, gift, or salad topper! These are quick to make and the perfect garnish for sweet and savory dishes!
This is the BEST Candied Pecan Recipe Ever!
Actually, not only are these candied pecans the best, but they are incredibly easy to make. Today I am going to share all my favorite ways to enjoy these glazed pecans…because there are many! This is an easy recipe that I have been making for years, and I’m not sure what took me so long to share. I use pecans a lot in my recipes like this Pecan Pie Cheesecake, Caramel Pecan Coffee Cake, and of course my Pecan Pie Recipe.
Every time I go to Trader Joe’s I pick up a pack of their Pecan Pralines (I think that’s what they’re called) because they are omg so delicious. If you haven’t tried them, you NEED to. But what I realized, is that candied pecans are incredibly easy to make, and let’s face it, nothing is better than warm, sweet and salty nuts right out of the oven.
How To Make Candied Pecans
Glazed or candied nuts of any sort are really easy to make. I have a fantastic Glazed Macadamia Nut Recipe here on my site that is RIDICULOUSLY good. But these Candied Pecans take two steps…one in the skillet and then a few minutes in the oven.
The oven portion of the recipe is solely to crisp up the pecans. You can skip this step if you want to, but when the sugary coating gets crunchy it’s the BEST!
- You toast the pecans lightly in some butter in a large skillet, this brings out the natural flavors!
- Next you add in some brown sugar and stir constantly until it melts and starts to caramelize.
- Toss in some cinnamon and salt too. You can skip the cinnamon if you want, but definitely don’t skip the salt. You can use kosher or sea salt. OR if you’re sensitive to salt you can wait until the end and salt them to taste when they come out of the oven.
- Don’t forget the vanilla. Add in some vanilla before you out them in the oven for another layer of flavor!
- Spread them on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake them for just a few minutes until the are lightly crisp and a little toasty. It will only take a few minutes.
What Else Can You Add To Homemade Candied Pecans?
You can switch up the flavor profile of these glazed nuts easily! Here are a few things to add:
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika to make them sweet and savory
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper to give them a little heat
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice to make them a seasonal treat
- 1 teaspoon orange zest for a citrus kick
What Can You Use Candies Pecans On?
Candied nuts are super versatile!
I hope you enjoy these Candied Pecans as much as we do in my house! Give them a try!
These Candied Pecans are the perfect sweet and salty snack. They’re great on their own, on salads, in cookies, or as a garnish to your favorite chicken dish!
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the pecans and stir continuously for 3 minutes, to lightly toast the pecans.
- Add in the brown sugar, and stir for an additional 2 minutes to melt the sugar.
- Stir in the cinnamon and salt, and add the water.
- Cook, stir continuously, until the water is dissolved, 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla and stir to coat.
- Remove from the heat and spread evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, until fragrant and lightly crisp.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 7 days
Keywords: glazed pecans, pecans, cookies and cups, glazed nuts, praline, pecan praline, candied pecans, candied nuts