Ingredients: 400 grams ground beef,80 grams ground pork,3 tablespoons cold water,1/2 cup canola oil,600 grams Napa cabbage,1 cup beef stock,1 tablespoon sliced green onion,1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger,1 egg,1/4 teaspoon baking soda,1/2 tablespoon soy sauce,1/4 teaspoon salt,1/2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine,1/2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine,1/2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine,1 tablespoon cornstarch,1 tablespoon soy sauce,1/2 teaspoon sugar,2 tablespoons teaspoons cornstarch+ 1 water,1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Grind ground beef and pork in a food processor with cold water for about 1 minute until the mixture comes together smoothly.
- Add the seasonings for the meatballs to the mixture, and using your fingers blend them into the mixture until it comes together.
- Slice the Napa cabbage into large pieces. Stir fry with 2 tablespoons oil and season with 1/3 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook until the cabbage is soft but still has bite to it.
- Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Wet hands with water and form ball from about 2 to 3 tablespoons of meat mixture. Drop the meatballs to the hot pan and press slightly on top of each meatballs. Cook each side approximate 3-4 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Drain off the oil from the skillet.
- Pour 1 cup of beef stock to the skillet, add soy sauce, salt, and sugar.
- Let it boil then simmer fro 2 minutes. Adjust the seasoning if needed at this time. Thicken the sauce with the mixture of cornstarch and water, stir continuously until the sauce thicken. Splash sesame oil and sprinkle chopped green onions on top.
- Place meatballs over Napa cabbage on the platter.