Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal,2 eggs, beaten lightly,1/4 cup melted butter, cooled,1 cup whole wheat flour,1 cup unbleached white flour,1 tablespoon baking powder,1 teaspoon baking soda,1 teaspoon salt,2 cups buttermilk or plain yogurt,1/2 cup milk,1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan or a 12 inch cast iron skillet.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients and stir until mixed.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Smooth the batter into the baking pan or skillet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the corn bread to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.