This light and fluffy Pumpkin Mousse Pie is easy to make with a homemade cookie crumb crust and a whipped pumpkin topping. It’s full of pumpkin flavor and warm fall spices!
This Fluffy Pumpkin Mousse Pie is a Must Try Thanksgiving Dessert
This is one of the easiest homemade pumpkin pie recipes you’ll ever make. And it might be the most delicious! The crust is made with gingersnap cookie crumbs and the mousse is full of marshmallows and pumpkin.
I love making this pie as a Thanksgiving dessert. There’s so much to do on the big day that an easy dessert is a life saver! Sometimes if I’m really planning I’ll make this pie in advance too. You can also easily make this pie 1-3 days ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to dig in.
What’s in this Pumpkin Mousse Pie?
Believe it or not, this pie comes together with less than 10 ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need to make the most luxurious pumpkin mousse pie:
For the Crust
- Gingersnap Cookie Crumbs: Finely grind up your cookie crumbs.
- Light Brown Sugar
- Melted Butter
For the Filling
- Marshmallows: Use regular-sized marshmallows rather than the mini ones.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Kosher Salt
- Canned Pumpkin Puree
- Frozen Whipped Topping: You can use Cool Whip or another variety.
- Whipped Cream: Top your pie with additional Cool Whip or whipped cream, if desired.
How to Make Pumpkin Mousse Pie
The homemade crust for this mousse pie bakes in just 10 minutes. After that, you won’t need to use your oven at all. The hardest part about making this pie is waiting for it to set in the refrigerator! If you prefer a more classic Pie Crust Recipe my recipe is fantastic! But the Gingersnap cookies really add a little something extra here!
Make the Pie Crust
- Heat Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine Ingredients: In a large bowl, evenly combine the cookie crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Assemble in Pan: Press the cookie mixture firmly into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased, 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- Bake: Bake the crust for 9-10 minutes until the edges are lightly golden. Allow it to cool completely.
Make the Pumpkin Mousse Filling
- Cook Butter & Marshmallows: Heat a large saucepan over low heat. Melt the butter and add in the marshmallows. Stir constantly until the marshmallows are melted.
- Add Pumpkin & Seasonings: Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the pumpkin pie spice, salt and pumpkin puree until evenly combined. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Add Cool Whip & Chill: Fold in the whipped topping until smooth. Spread the mixture into the crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve: Top with whipped cream, if desired, and enjoy!
Irresistible Topping Ideas
- Cinnamon: Top your pie with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon to make it pretty and add some more warmth.
- Meringue: Try topping your mousse pie with my easy Homemade Meringue! I love lightly torching my meringue topping to make it look really fancy.
- Gingersnap Cookies: You can put more gingersnap crumbs or whole cookies on top of your pie, too!
- Nuts: Walnuts or pecans are another excellent topping to add to this pumpkin pie.
How to Store Homemade Pie
Store your pumpkin mousse pie in an airtight container in the fridge. Leftovers are best if eaten within 3 days. If you’re making this pie ahead of time, I recommend adding your whipped cream topping just before serving.
Can You Freeze Pumpkin Mousse Pie?
This pie can be frozen for long-term storage if it’s kept in an airtight container. Frozen mousse pie will last for up to one month. Before you serve your pie, thaw it out in the refrigerator.
This light and fluffy Pumpkin Mousse Pie is easy to make with a homemade crust and a whipped topping. It’s full of pumpkin and warm spices!
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Pumpkin Mousse Filling
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 30 regular-sized marshmallows (not mini)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (15-oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (8-oz) container frozen whipped topping (like Cool Whip), thawed
- Whipped cream or more Cool Whip to top
For the Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, evenly combine the cookie crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press the cookie mixture firmly into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased, 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Allow the crust to cool completely.
For the Filling
- Heat a large saucepan on low heat. Melt the butter and add in the marshmallows. Stir constantly until the marshmallows are melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the pumpkin pie spice, salt and pumpkin puree until evenly combined. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Fold in the whipped topping until smooth. Spread the mixture into the crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with whipped cream or Cool Whip, if desired.
Keywords:: pumpkin pie recipe, pumpkin pie from scratch, homemade pumpkin pie, easy pumpkin pie, pumpkin mousse
Want To Save This Recipe?
Looking for More Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas?
PIN for later: