This quinoa salad is perfect for a healthy and filling lunch. Not only is it packed with nutrients, but it is also easy to make and very tasty.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/2 of a red onion
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer. In a medium saucepan, combine the rinsed quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Peel and cut the sweet potato into small cubes. Place them on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes until tender.
- Chop the red onion and parsley, and crumble the feta cheese.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa, roasted sweet potato, chickpeas, chopped onion, parsley, and feta cheese.
- For the dressing, combine the juice of one lemon, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
This salad keeps well in the fridge for up to 3 days, making it a perfect meal prep option.