- 4 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch divided (optional)
- Saute squash, cabbage and onions in butter and oil over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes until squash browns and cabbage begins to wilt.
- Add garlic, spinach and lemon juice cook about 1 minute until spinach begins to wilt.
- Add stock and basil. Reduce heat and simmer until cabbage is tender and sauce begins to thicken. Stir in dill. Add cornstarch 1 teaspoon at a time if necessary to thicken to desired consistency.
This photo is copyright protected