This image courtesy of Joseph DeLeo
Editor’s Note: With its combination of feta cheese, crunchy vegetables, and plenty of pasta, this recipe for Greek-Style Pasta Salad will be a hit at your next potluck! This easy pasta salad recipe is sure to wow the crowd, and can be read to eat within about 30 minutes. Although you can certainly share this pasta salad with family and friends at a picnic or during brunch, you can also serve it as a hearty lunch during the work week. Your coworkers will be quite impressed when they see the vibrant colors and delicious flavors of this Greek-style pasta salad!
OccasionBuffet, Casual Dinner Party
Recipe CourseMain Course, Side Dish
MealBrunch, Dinner, Lunch
Taste and TextureCrunchy, Herby, Juicy, Salty, Savory, Sharp
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 pita bread
- 2 cups medium pasta shells
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, stemmed and halved
- 1 medium green bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 medium cucumber, pared, quartered lengthwise, and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 3 ounces feta cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ¼ cup pitted, split brine-cured black olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Coarsely ground black pepper
Combine oil and garlic in a large bowl. Cut around edges of pita and separate into 2 circles; brush lightly with some of the oil; tear into pieces. Toast bread in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, turning to brown evenly.
Cook the pasta in plenty of boiled salted water until al dente, or firm to the bite, about 10 minutes; drain.
Combine the toasted pita croutons, pasta, tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, celery, feta cheese, black olives, parsley, mint, and oregano with the oil in the large bowl; toss to blend. Add pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature.
1988 John Boswell Management
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
We are adding your Comments.
Thank you! Your comment has been added.
We are sorry. There was an error tyring to post your rating and review.
Your comment will appear after our editors have had a chance to review it.