Maple Cranberry Sauce-fresh cranberry sauce sweetened with pure maple syrup, orange zest, orange juice, and a hint of cinnamon. This easy Cranberry Sauce recipe is a holiday favorite for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. So much better than canned cranberry sauce and easy to make.
I stocked up on fresh cranberries when I made my Apple Cranberry Pie and decided to put some of them to use to make Maple Cranberry Sauce. I am practicing for Thanksgiving which is less than a week away.
I usually make Cranberry Orange Sauce every Thanksgiving, but I wanted to try a new recipe this year. I am so glad I did because I think I have a new favorite. This Maple Cranberry Sauce is definitely going to be the sauce on our Thanksgiving table this year.
I love that this sauce is sweetened with pure maple syrup. There are no refined sugars here, just fresh cranberries, pure maple syrup, orange zest, orange juice, and a little cinnamon. All of the flavors combined taste like the holiDAZE!
My favorite part of making cranberry sauce is the pop, pop, pop! When the cranberries start popping, I start dancing. The boys were laughing at me, but then they joined in on the fun.
Add this Maple Cranberry Sauce to your Thanksgiving and Christmas menus right now. It is the BEST cranberry sauce recipe and it is so easy! If you are thinking about picking up a can of cranberry sauce, think again. You can make this simple cranberry sauce in no time and it is SO much better than store bought. Plus, you can make it a few days in advance. Get it out of the way so you have one less thing to worry about on the big day!
Maple Cranberry Sauce is a MUST make for the holiday season…and don’t forget to do a little dance when the cranberries start to pop. Come on, you know you want to!
How To Make Cranberry Sauce
Maple Cranberry Sauce
Fresh cranberry sauce sweetened with pure maple syrup, orange zest, orange juice, and a hint of cinnamon. This easy cranberry sauce is the perfect side dish to all of your holiday meals.
Yield: About 1 1/2 cups
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
Total Time:25 minutes
- 1 (12 oz) bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- Zest of 1 medium orange
- Juice of 1 medium orange
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the cranberries in a colander and rinse with cold water. Discard any shriveled or damaged cranberries.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries, maple syrup, orange zest, orange juice, and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries have broken down and thickened into a compote, about 20 minutes. The cranberries will pop, don’t be scared:) The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Remove the cranberry sauce from the heat and stir in the cinnamon. Let cool completely at room temperature, then transfer to a bowl to chill in the refrigerator.
Note-this cranberry sauce can be made in advance. It will keep in a container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
All images and text © .
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!