These soft and chewy blondies have a vanilla, brown sugar base and are a family favorite dessert. And the best part? You only need ONE bowl to make them!
Cookies, brownies, and blondies are my favorite desserts. I appreciate fancy, elegant desserts, but when it comes down to it, give me simple!
Blondies are easy to whip up, made with pantry staples, and get rave reviews every time. I love bringing blondies to bake sales, potlucks, or just having a warm pan ready when my family wants something sweet.
So what are blondies exactly? Blondies are rich, sweet, delicious dessert bars. They’re made with an emphasis on vanilla flavors rather than chocolate. They also have lots of brown sugar to make them flavorful and moist!
What’s the Difference Between Blondies and Brownies?
Blondies and brownies are relatives, I like to think of them as siblings:) They are similar because they are both pan desserts that you cut into squares, but blondies are vanilla-based and brownies are chocolate based. Blondies are all about that vanilla flavor and are super chewy thanks to lots of brown sugar. They have a caramel, buttery flavor that is irresistible.
How to Make Blondies
You are going to LOVE my blondie recipe because they are made in ONE bowl! They are SO easy to make! You’ll be digging into a warm pan of yummy blondies in no time at all.
- Start with a little prep! Preheat your oven (350 degrees F) and line a 9×13 with parchment paper. This makes it super easy to lift the Blondies out of the pan after baking!
- Giving the parchment paper a little spray with nonstick cooking spray also helps you to cut and serve them easier after baking.
- Get a large bowl out and start with butter and brown sugar. Mix ‘em up, then add eggs and vanilla.
- Now for the dry ingredients! Flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Stir those in until they’re just incorporated.
- Finish it off by folding in chocolate chips and toffee pieces. Blondies don’t NEED chocolate and toffee, but I highly recommend adding them both. I like to use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but use your favorite. Be careful to not over mix the batter.
- Spread the dough into your prepared 9×13 pan and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, check at 30 minutes to be safe. The baking time will vary depending on your oven. You want the center of the blondies to be set and the tops golden brown.
- Let them cool completely in the pan, then lift them out and cut into squares.
- Enjoy your new favorite dessert! And if you want to serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, you have my permission! Yummmmmm!
Additional Blondie Mix-Ins
Just like traditional brownies, the sky’s the limit with mix-ins. I’ve got chocolate chips and toffee bits in this recipe, but you could do whatever your family loves! Try:
- Chopped pretzels
- Reese’s Pieces
- Peanut butter chips
- Chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds
- White chocolate chips
- Coconut flakes
How to Store
The blondies will keep covered on the counter for up to 4 days. You can also freeze blondies. Let the blondies cool completely. When cool, cut into squares and place in a freezer bag or freezer container. Freeze for up to one month.
More Easy Brownies & Bars:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee pieces
- Flaked sea salt, for sprinkling on blondies
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 9×13” pan with parchment paper with an overhang on the sides to easily lift the blondies out of the pan after baking. Spray paper with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix the butter and brown sugar until combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla and stir to mix. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and toffee pieces.
Spread the dough into the prepared pan. Bake until the center is just set, about 30 to 40 minutes. Check early to be safe. Cool completely in the pan, then lift out by the paper and cut into squares.
One Bowl Blondies
Amount Per Serving
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 6g30%
Vitamin A 279IU6%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.