Parmesan Garlic Miso Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes
Prep Time:5 minutes Cook Time:25 minutes Total Time:30 minutes Servings: 4
Sweet potatoes that are roasted until crispy on the bottom and tender on the inside, topped with garlic-miso-butter and plenty of melted parmesan; a sweet and savoury delight!
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste (optional)
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- Toss the potatoes in the oil, season with salt and pepper, place in a single layer on an oiled baking pan and bakes in a 425F/220C oven until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Smash the sweet potato slices with a fork (or a potatoes masher), top with 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture of the butter, garlic and miso, sprinkle on the cheese and place under the broiler until the cheese has melted, about 3-5 minutes.
Option: Replace the parmesan cheese with asiago, grana padano, etc.