Today I’m bringing you another one of those recipes that can truly do it all. It’s an appetizer, a salad dressing, a spread for a sandwich — the options are endless.
This creamy bleu cheese dip is made with just a handful of ingredients and pairs with just about any savory snack or side you can think of. We’re lightening it up with protein-packed yogurt that gives it the perfect tang and consistency. I love serving this creamy dip with raw veggies like carrots and celery (classic), homemade chicken wings, crunchy salads, and of course, everything buffalo-flavored.
If you’re looking for a place to start, I recommend drizzling some of this bleu cheese sauce on a slice of this Cheddar-Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf. SO GOOD.
Stay tuned for another fun way to use this dip later this week, and let me know in the comments your favorite way to use it!
Your new fav lightened up bleu cheese dip
Traditional bleu cheese dips and dressings are made with mayonnaise, sour cream, and buttermilk to get them extra creamy and tangy. We’re making a delicious, lightened up version using tangy yogurt to get the perfect flavor and consistency!
Ingredients in this creamy bleu cheese dip
This healthy blue cheese dip is made with just 5 simple, core ingredients and couldn’t be easier to make. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Yogurt: the base of the dip or dressing is made with nonfat plain yogurt. A great way to add a boost of protein and get that creamy texture.
- Bleu cheese crumbles: the star of the show in this dip.
- Olive oil: a little olive oil helps to smooth out the dip.
- Lemon juice: you’ll need a bit of fresh lemon juice for the perfect amount of tang.
- Garlic: because what’s a dip or dressing without garlic?
- Salt & pepper: don’t forget to season this blue cheese dip with salt and pepper to taste.
- Water: you’ll want to thin the dip or dressing to your liking with a little water at a time.
Can I use a different cheese?
The closest substitute for bleu cheese would be gorgonzola! So feel free to use gorgonzola crumbles instead. If you’re not a fan of bleu cheese, try my Whipped Feta Yogurt Dip or my Creamy Feta Yogurt Dressing for your appetizer or dressing needs.
The best bleu cheese dip in 2 steps
- Blend the dip. Add all of your dip ingredients besides the seasonings to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Season & serve. Add salt and pepper to taste, process again, and then serve! I like to top the dip with extra blue cheese crumbles and fresh sliced green onion.
How to make bleu cheese dressing
Easily turn this creamy blue cheese dip into a wonderful salad dressing by adding in more water! Start with small amounts and slowly mix the water in until you reach the consistency you like.
Looking to serve a crowd?
The bleu cheese yogurt dip serves about 6 people as written, but feel free to double it to serve more!
Make it ahead of time
Feel free to make the dip a few days ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Our fav ways to serve this bleu cheese dip
We love to enjoy this recipe as a:
How to store bleu cheese dressing or dip
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Give it a good mix before enjoying it from the fridge!
More dips & dressings you’ll love
Get all of my dip recipes here!
I hope you love this easy bleu cheese yogurt dip! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Bleu Cheese Yogurt Dip (or dressing!)
Deliciously creamy bleu cheese dip made with simple ingredients like tangy yogurt, fresh lemon juice, garlic, and flavorful bleu cheese crumbles. Turn this easy, healthy bleu cheese dip into a dressing by simply mixing in a bit of water! Perfect for veggies, salads, wings, and more.
nonfat plain yogurt
bleu cheese crumbles
fresh lemon juice
water, to thin
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
Add yogurt, bleu cheese crumbles, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and water to the bowl of a food processor or to a blender. Process/blend until smooth and well combined, scraping down the sides as necessary. Add salt and pepper to taste and process once more. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
To make bleu cheese dressing: simply add more water until you reach your preferred dressing consistency.
Servings: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 serving (based on 6)
Saturated fat: 3.4g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats