If you are looking for a delicious side dish for St. Patrick’s Day, I’ve got you covered with this fried cabbage and bacon. Simple to make with only 3 ingredients.
Fried Cabbage and Bacon Recipe
Are you planning a special meal to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? If ye, then this fried cabbage and bacon needs to make an appearance!
Simple to make and packed full of flavor, this delicious side dish will be the star of the show!
Why you’ll love this Fried Cabbage recipe:
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You only need three simple ingredients to make this dish, it couldn’t get any easier!
- QUICK: Quick to prep and cook, this dish is ready to serve in 30 minutes.
- MAKE AHEAD: This is a great option for a make ahead vegetable side, perfect if you are planning on serving it as part of a big feast.
How to make Fried Cabbage with Bacon
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the bacon until brown and crispy.
- Add the cabbage, broth and seasoning.
- Stir to combine and cook until the cabbage softens.
Can you make it ahead of time?
Yes, this is a great make ahead dish! Cook the fried cabbage and bacon, then let it cool to room temperature before transferring to an airtight container.
This fried cabbage recipe will keep well in the fridge for 3 days and can be reheated gently on the stovetop.
Can you make it with red cabbage?
Green cabbage is more traditional, especially on St. Patrick’s Day, but there’s no reason you can’t use red cabbage in this recipe. Red cabbage is slightly deeper and earthy in flavor, and green cabbage has more of a peppery flavor, but they are totally interchangeable.
What do you serve it with?
This fried cabbage works great with so many dishes. It’s great to serve with hearty stews but equally great to serve with chicken, seafood or anything else you fancy.
- Cut the bacon and cabbage into similar sized pieces so that they mix together evenly and it’s easy to eat.
- Make this recipe in one large pan. The cabbage will take on the flavor of the bacon fat making it extra yummy.
- This side dish is low carb and keto friendly.
This fried cabbage and bacon makes for an excellent addition to your Paddy’s Day dinner. So easy, so simple, and so delicious!
More St. Patrick’s Day Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!